While it’s probably not the first thing on everyone’s mind right now, Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away, and while it may not be that easy to celebrate with mom this year, most people don’t plan to forget her.
A new RetailMeNot survey finds:
- 75% of Americans plan to make a Mother’s Day purchase this year.
- Americans will spend an average of $97 on gifts for mom.
- Men will be spending the most, about $123, while women will spend about $69.
- Millennials are also the most generous generation, spending $111.
So, what does mom want for Mother’s Day this year?
- While going out to eat will be an issue, 35% of moms really just want a nice dinner.
- 28% want a gift card.
- 19% want flowers, with 43% of Americans planning to get flowers for mom.