It’s week six of “The Bachelorette,” and Tayshia Adams’ season is off to a dramatic start now that Clare Crawley and Dale Moss have run away together. After that whirlwind love story, the show is feeling like its over-the-top self again… that includes a new season villain emerging. Here’s what happened:
- Tayshia took Montel, Ivan, Demar, Ben, Chasen, Ed, Joe and Bennett on the first group date. They put their manliness to the test with the help of Ashley and Jared from “Bachelor in Paradise”… who decided who in the group was a “Grown A** Men” or a “Man Child.”
- First, the guys competed in math and spelling challenges – which was surprisingly difficult for Harvard graduate Bennett, who couldn’t spell “limousine.” Then there were physical challenges, like cooking breakfast-in-bed… which led to some tension between the guys as Chasen and Bennett put the moves on Tayshia. The “Man Child” award went to Ed, who had to carry a baby doll he dubbed Carlos around. The “Grown Man” award went to Bennett, who took the opportunity to plant a kiss on Tayshia.
- Bennett kept ruffling the other guys’ feathers later that night, like when he kept his bathrobe on even after the breakfast-in-bed challenge… but it was Chasen and Ed who really clashed.
- Tayshia made it clear she’s starting to catch feelings for Ben… except when he put her guard back up by admitting his baggage with long-term relationships. But she was still into him, and they shared another kiss.
- Tayshia ended up having to confront Chasen after the guys snitched about their issues with him… like how Chasen used the same words to describe Tayshia as he did with Clare. Plus, the guys think he’s just after Instagram followers… as if they’re not, starring on a reality show. Chasen defended himself, and Ben did his best to stay out of the drama, saying he’d rather focus on “what’s more important” – like Tayshia.
- Before Tayshia’s first rose ceremony could kick off, Chasen tried to clear the air with the group… but Ed stood by his comments calling Chasen a “fraud” and “phony.” Zac was the one who convinced them to bury the hatchet… we’ll see.
Then it was finally time for Tayshia’s debut rose ceremony. Brendan, Ivan, Eazy, Zac, Riley, Kenny, Ben, Demar, Bennett, Spencer, Jordan, Noah, Joe, Blake, Ed and, yes, even Chasen received roses… meaning Jay, Peter and Montel were sent packing.
Six weeks in, Tayshia’s journey has only just begun. “The Bachelorette” airs on Tuesdays at 8pm ET on ABC.