The Labor Day weekend kicks off tomorrow, and for many people that means they’ll be heading out on some sort of getaway.
A new ValuePenguin survey finds:
- 20% of Americans are planning to travel for Labor Day.
- That translates to about 51 million Americans.
- But the coronavirus does still have people worried with 11%, or 29 million, people canceling plans, or having plans canceled, due to Delta variant concerns.
- 16% of people made no travel plans for Labor Day due to COVID concerns.
- 38% of all travelers will be headed to another state for Labor Day.
- Florida is the top travel destination, with 12% of travelers headed to the Sunshine State.
- Other popular destinations include:
- California (8%)
- New York (8%)
Now for many the pandemic is still a big concern, but whether they’ll take any precautions on their travel is another story.
- 40% of people say they will mask up both indoors and outdoors during their trip.
- 27% plan to do so indoors.
- 17% will do so only when required
- 17% have no plans to mask up at all.