Potsdam Bears Athletics
Suny Canton Athletics
- Why Mets-Braves is the most important regular-season series possible in new MLB playoff format October 1, 2022This weekend's matchup doesn't just matter in New York and Atlanta -- it has implications for baseball fans everywhere.
- 'I'm trying to catch Tom Brady': How Terrance Gore's unusual career got him three rings ... and counting October 1, 2022The Mets' designated speedster has zero career home runs and just a single RBI. But he's always needed in October.
- Britton exits for fatigue; Holmes out after injection October 1, 2022Yankees reliever Zack Britton, who returned last week from Tommy John surgery, departed Friday's game with left arm fatigue. Also, reliever Clay Holmes had a cortisone injection in his pitching shoulder and likely won't pitch in a game until the playoffs.
- Orioles CEO: 'I look forward to' signing new lease October 1, 2022Orioles chairman John Angelos said in a memo to team staff members that he looks forward to signing a new lease committing the team to remaining in Baltimore.
- Rays clinch wild-card spot; Astros get home field October 1, 2022The Tampa Bay Rays locked up an AL wild-card spot with a 7-3 win over the Houston Astros, who despite the loss were able to clinch home-field advantage throughout the AL playoffs.
- Ducks' Vaakanainen taken off ice on stretcher October 1, 2022Ducks defenseman Urho Vaakanainen was taken off the Honda Center ice on a stretcher after he crashed into the end boards in the first period of Anaheim's preseason game against the San Jose Sharks.
- Lightning, Magic donate to Hurricane Ian relief September 30, 2022The Tampa Bay Lightning and team owner Jeff Vinik are donating $2 million toward Hurricane Ian relief efforts while the Orlando Magic are donating $1 million.
- Players who score without goals: Peripheral category all stars September 30, 2022If every goal in the NHL were to be reversed, who would the best fantasy hockey players be, based solely on points earned from their other stats?
- How NHL players would change the Stanley Cup playoffs September 30, 2022A move back to 1-8 conference seeding? Best-of-3 in early rounds? We checked in with more than a dozen stars for their opinions.
- Toronto out and Detroit in? Teams most likely to rise and fall in the playoff race September 30, 2022We identify the most vulnerable candidates in each division -- plus the non-playoff teams from last season that are ready to take their place.
- Arch Manning breaks Eli, Peyton's HS records October 1, 2022Arch Manning broke Eli's career passing record and Peyton's career touchdown record at Isidore Newman School on Friday.
- What we know about Tua Tagovailoa's injury, and what's next October 1, 2022What happened in the days between Tagovailoa's injury vs. Buffalo and Thursday's incident? Why was he allowed to play? Here's a look at the biggest questions.
- Dupree decries Favre comparison in fraud case October 1, 2022Marcus Dupree, a Mississippi football legend, denies that he defrauded the state's welfare system and is "shocked" to be "lumped in" with Brett Favre in the fraud investigation's findings.
- JPP 'definitely' suiting up Sunday for Ravens October 1, 2022The Ravens will have Jason Pierre-Paul to go after Bills quarterback Josh Allen after all.
- 'Grateful' Garrett wants to play if cleared by docs October 1, 2022Myles Garrett said he feels "grateful to be here" after his Monday car accident. Garrett remains questionable for Sunday, but the Browns star said he would love to play if he's cleared.